Thursday, October 21, 2004

The gloating is in full swing

A Red Sox fan here at work just brought in a Boston Cream Pie “so the Yankee fans could eat there hearts out.”  Next to the pie he placed a sign that read “Who’s your daddy now?”

Mark this date down on your calendar folks – the day I turned down free food in the newsroom (and normally I love Boston Cream Pie)!

Meanwhile, I’ve only received three gloating e-mails from Aaron.  He’s enjoying himself a little too much.  He should be careful how much he dishes out – the Sox still have four more victories to go.



1 comments:

Kevin Kuzia said...

Hmm. Not sure I can really agree with the previous comment at all and I am not sure he has a full understanding of the deranged psyche of Red Sox fans. Believe me - ALL Sox fans would be better off with a World Series win. Living here in CT (which is in a strange spot being equidistant between NY and Boston) I can tell you that Sox fans NEED this win in a way most other sports fans would not comprehend.

Would they come to expect it every year? I highly doubt it and you would probably see an overflowing amount of appreciation for this cherished title finally in their hands after 86 years. You can talk to Patriot fans and they are certainly not at the point where they feel they deserve a title every year.

Sox fans are horribly tortured and while some people may think that they are better off remaining that way... I can assure you those people are NOT Red Sox fans.

Post a Comment