Thursday, October 07, 2004

9 years and counting

I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly wish my wonderful wife, Kris, a very happy anniversary.

At this very hour, nine years ago, I saw her come walking down the aisle and was swelled with joy at thought of being married to her. I still feel that way today.

Kris slipped a card into my lunch before I left for work this morning. In it, she said that I "keep her sane." I called her to say thanks and told her that I thought I drove her nuts. She said, "Sometimes you do that to." :-)

I know that every good thing that's happened to me in the last 14 years since we met can be traced back to Kris in some way. Without a doubt, she is the best thing to ever happen to me, and as I'm fond of telling her, she's my favorite person.

Happy anniversary, kiddo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! 9 years-WOW! I'm sure the time has been flying by, though.
And it's nice to know there are other wives out there that sneak little love notes into their Hubby's lunches...
Congrats to you guys-and I wish you many, many more years of happiness.
-Allie

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! May this day be just as special as when you said,"I do! "

*Randi* http://www.livejournal.com/users/chickfit/

Anonymous said...

Wow, 9 years ago. I remember that day, Yankees/Red Sox game was on in the kitchen and half of the guests were watching the game. Afterwords, somebody got written all over when the Sox lost. Also, you were the first of us to get hitched. Well, congradulations, from a young couple (only 2 years last week).

marc

I forgot my password for this blogger and it doesn't know my email address:( Oh well.

Roon said...

Good times, good times...

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Rooneys!!!

I hope you guys do something really special for your 10th next year because you're a special couple.

Shannon

Post a Comment