Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The Batmobile!


I stumbled across this picture today and just had to post it. Friends from high school will remember this is the fabled Batmobile. These were the Rooney family wheels during my high school days -- a 1986 Chevy Eurosport.

Ours was just like this one, except it was all black with a red pin stripe. And like I said, ours was an '86 (although mom and dad actually bought it in November 1985). The one in the picture is an '85. The big difference between the '85 and the '86? 1986 was the first year all cars had to have the brake light in the rear window.

I loved this car. This was the car I learned to drive in. I drove that thing all over Niskayuna, and then it used to take me back and forth to college. Just this morning as I was driving to work I was thinking about how the car had a quirk that allowed you to pull the keys out while the car was running. I used to have fun scaring passengers by yanking out the keys while driving down the road and tossing them into their lap, saying, "Here, hold these."

Dad took excellent care of the Batmobile. Over the years he probably put far more money into it than he paid for it. He finally got rid of it sometime in the mid to late '90s in favor of a Honda Accord.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

but you never got it to do a 180 in Noah's driveway. I got the bluemobile to do that. You know, the car made with Japanesse parts and assembled in Mexico.

My spelling is bad today (need more coffee)

Marc

Post a Comment