Sunday, October 30, 2005

Fall back

It never fails…every year I get excited at the prospect of returning to Standard Time and getting an extra hour of sleep. But I never get the benefits because:
  1. I wind up staying up too late for it to really make a difference. I fell asleep in front of the TV around midnight EDT. I finally went upstairs around 1 a.m. EDT.

  2. Small children don’t really grasp the concept of “fall back.” Thomas woke up at 5:37 a.m. EST. Subsequent efforts to get him back to sleep failed miserably.
There were more pre-Halloween activities today. We carved our pumpkins this afternoon. The kids had fun scooping the “guts” out. I never enjoyed that when I was little. (Yuck!) The truth is, it eventually got a little too yucky for Nolan and he just watched and offered jack-o-lantern design tips.

Then Nolan had a Halloween birthday party to go to today. He wore his Yankee costume again. Some of the other costumes kids were wearing included Spider-Man, Mr. Incredible and the Human Torch (I find it ironic that the Human Torch costume must be flame retardant).

After dinner -- in honor of Halloween -- we watched "Monsters Inc." together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment