Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Sorry, Alvin

I just got off the phone with my high school friend Alvin Chu. I was calling because I felt bad that we aren't going to be able to make it to his wedding. We had already made plans to visit friends in Pennsylvania that weekend.

Alvin is getting married on Labor Day weekend. That's a busy weekend for a lot of people. I got the impression that we weren't the only ones canceling.

But still, it would have been fun. It sounds like it was going to be a nice wedding. He's getting married in Jersey City at the Hyatt Regency - with a nice view of the New York skyline. I know Scott Price is going, but I'm not sure who else. Alvin said he's trying to get Dan Markiewicz to go. Dan is apparently living near Sacramento now. I haven't seen him in seven years - we haven't spoken in two years. We used to be like best friends, but we kind of drifted apart after his family moved away during college. I'll be really bummed if it turns out he was there and I missed him.

There aren't that many weddings left for the old gang. I think Andy Miller (Brooker) is the only one left. I'll have to tell him to get a move on - we always have a good time at each other's weddings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alvin doesn't want me to come? I don't have long hair anymore and have a wife (my better half). And again, DAN is married?

Roon said...

Dan is not married, that I'm aware of. When I spoke to Alvin, he told me Dan and Jen had broken up and that he was now living near Sacramento (I think). I just got his e-mail address from Scott, but I haven't written to him yet.

Post a Comment