Monday, August 02, 2004

The missing jogger

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Police say Mark Hacking has been arrested
for murder in the case of his missing pregnant wife.


The coverage of this case been bugging me all along. I wish someone could explain to me why this was national news. Obviously, there are comparisons to the Laci Peterson case, but I don't really get that one either.

Don't get me wrong. I mean no disrespect to the families involved and I feel terrible for all of them. But it's not as though this was the crime of the century. It's a missing persons/murder case. What is so interesting about it?

Also, there was
a very good column on MSNBC.com that points out that if you're going to go missing, you're more likely to get national coverage if you're a young, white female. Check the column out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment