Saturday, August 28, 2004

See Kris run...Run, Kris, run

Kris never ceases to amaze me. She ran 18 miles today as she continues training for her marathon. Actually, she looked at her map afterward and figures she may have actually done closer to 19 miles, from Central Park in Schenectady all the way into Cohoes.

It was not an easy run for her. Today was one of the hottest days of the summer, and very humid. It was rough and she was hurting after it was all done.

Still, I could never even dream of doing that. I have all I can do to run a 5K. Every time she does a long-distance run I tell her how proud I am of her.

Still, she is nervous about doing this marathon. She spent the rest of the day asking me if I was sure she could do a marathon. And of course I am sure, and I told her so.

That's my job. I'm her support chief and number one cheerleader. It's my job to drop off her water bottles along the route the night before and to be there to pick her up at the end of the line the next day. I am her Bobby Boucher.

So keep on running, Kris. You can do whatever you set your mind to. And your waterboy will be there help however I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment