Sunday, March 05, 2006

Poor sports?

All right, George, we get it. You're not happy about the World Baseball Classic. But I think you need to accept that this thing is happening and move on. This sign posted at the entrance to Legends Field in Tampa just seems like sour grapes.

And note the spelling of "Yankess." Ugh.

Personally, I question the time of year they chose for this event, but otherwise I'm excited about it. I watched a couple of innings of China vs. Japan the other morning in the gym (Japan kicked butt).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I actualy agree with George...good for him. Can you imagine if Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Johnny Damon and Bernie Williams got a season ending injury durring this foolish classic?

Roon said...

I agree. That's why I think a better time would this would be shortly after the World Series--maybe in December or January.

But it's happening now and we have to live with it. The WBC may be just a novelty to Americans, but it is a HUGE deal in many of the other countries involved.

The train has left the station, George. Now suck it up and stop complaining. Get back to me if Derek gets hurt.

Anonymous said...

The sign was taken down today...the Commissioner strongly hinted that he had a hand in its removal. Smirk.

I am not a huge fan of this WBC either for the same reasons (injury, etc) but like Rooney said, it's too late to whine about it!

Post a Comment