Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Coffee cola

I’m currently consuming a free sample of the new Coca-Cola Blak. It’s essentially carbonated coffee, or as Coke describes it:
...a sophisticated, premium blend of Coca-Cola, natural flavors and coffee essence.
My first reaction was that it wasn’t bad—soda with a nice ice coffee flavor. But then the more I drank of it the more I realized that those are really two flavors that probably shouldn’t go together.

I predict a short life for this product. It will eventually go the way of Crystal Pepsi.

Besides, why would you give your beverage a name that’s so close to “Blecch?” That’s just asking for trouble.

Final verdict: it's not awful, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to drink another one.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember Crystal Pepsi, in the early 90s when everyone was going 'clear'... I may even have a bottle or two of 'clear beer'

I don't think that I would like those two flavors... although I do alternate between Diet Coke and Coffee all the time. Just not together. Blek

Anonymous said...

Anyone remember New Coke?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Alex said...

How'd you get a free sample of that?

Roon said...

I have my sources...

Anonymous said...

I tried Pepsi Kona back in the mid 90's. It was being given away at a stock car track in PA. Same idea same result, crap.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I am getting a chuckle out of the resulting Google ads..."Coca-Cola and Columbia", "Cola Corner"

Heh.

Roon said...

Click on 'em while you're chuckling... :-)

Post a Comment