Saturday, May 13, 2006

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

I have the greatest wife in the world!

Despite the fact that tomorrow is Mother’s Day, I came home from work last night and sat down at the dinner table only to find my Father’s Day present waiting for me, a month early.

She got me two tickets to see the Yankees play the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium in June!  I’m glad she told me now, because it’s on a weeknight and I’ll need to make sure I can get away from work.

The plan is for me to take Nolan.  This will be his first visit to the House that Ruth Built.  I’ve been dying to take him since he was born.  The last time I went to the Stadium with my dad Nolan was only about 2-months-old.  I remember telling my dad how I couldn’t wait to take Nolan some day and him telling me not to be anxious for him to grow up too fast.

This will be a fun trip.  In a couple of years when Thomas is a little older we’ll bring the whole family.

Anyway, happy Mother’s (and Father’s) Day everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great time!

You did get her something REALLY good for Mother's Day, right? ;)

Aaron Hull said...

That's a great father's Day gift. Have a great time. For your sake, it's a good thing I'm not going. Everytime I go to the stadium, the Yankees lose.

And Shannon, as a fellow Sox fan, trust me when I say Yankee Stadium is the worst place to see a sox-yankee game. If you cheer for the Sox, or worse, if you wear anything related to a Red Sox logo...YOU ARE DEAD!!!

Post a Comment