Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Apple & Nike's 'iRun'

The iPod is on my wish list of gadgets I don't have.

Now comes word that Apple and Nike are teaming up to develop a running shoe that can be fitted with a sensor that will feed data on your run (time, pace, distance, etc.) to your iPod Nano.

Apparently it also has a "Power Song" feature that will let you punch up the theme from "Rocky," or whatever music gets your heart pumping, with the push of a single button.

I'm not a runner, but I know plenty of people who are. This sounds really cool!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a pretty nifty idea. I have a little reservation around it though.

iPods are known (in the running community) to not be as durable as other MP3 devices mainly because of the microDrive... flash mememory has a much longer lifespan.

The price is right... as a runner you are already paying about that much for shoes and $29 for the tracking techonolgy (if you already have a Nano) where as the Garmin cost quite a bit more. However, with Garmin's GPS, your workout can automatically be mapped on the computer.

At first, you will have to be a certain runner to use these shoes. Running shoes come in 3 main flavors, stability, motion control and cushion because runners are all different. I can't wear motion contol shoes with having physical damage done to my feet and legs because of my stride. With the Marketing force of Nike and Apple... if this catches on... it'll be very very popular.

I really like the "Power Song", it is a mental turbo boost!

Post a Comment