Thursday, December 09, 2004

Is Peter ever going to graduate?

I have MSNBC on at work right now and I can't believe what I just saw -- one of my all time least favorite Christmas commercials!

I'm sure you've seen the Folger's commercial. Peter gets dropped off on his family's doorstep early in the morning. Only his little sister hears him come in. So Peter wakes mom and dad by brewing some delicious Folger's coffee. They're awakened by the woderful aroma and as mom comes down the stairs she yells, "Peter!" and throws her arms around her big lug of a son.

I don't know why but this commercial has always gotten on my nerves. I can't put my finger on it, but I find it really annoying.

And I can't believe it's still on! This ad has got to be at least 20 years old.

If we're showing commercials purely for the nostolgia value, then about some others? Anyone else remember Santa riding over the snowy hill inside the Norelco electric shaver head?

1 comments:

Roon said...

My four-year-old son knows that some of the specials are older and are the same ones I used to watch. We watched a bunch of Rankin-Bass classics last weekend on ABC Family.

Sometimes when we're watching a Christmas show he'll ask me if it's the same one I watched when I was little. I tried to explain to him once that I would only get to see these shows once and then they wouldn't be on again for a year.

He didn't really get that. After all, we've already watched The Grinch, Charlie Brown and Emmett Otter five times each and we'll probably see them a dozen more times before Christmas.

Post a Comment