Monday, December 13, 2004

Friends in high places

I talked to my sister last night. She told me an amazing story about the woman who lives across the street from her.

Apparently this woman is one of the few people in her family who did not go into the clergy. Most of her siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles are priests or nuns or somehow employed by the church.

The woman has an uncle who works at that the Vatican. She had shared with him the story of my nephew, Patrick. He sent Patrick some medals that had been blessed by the Pope and Patrick keeps them nearby in his room.

It seems her uncle is in a position where he is allowed to submit prayer intentions to the Pope. I'm not sure how often he gets to do this, but I guess the last time he asked the Pope to pray for Patrick by name. In addition, the Pope blessed the rosary beads he used to pray for Patrick and they are now being sent to him.

Wow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment