Monday, September 27, 2004

Transitions

I’m an impulse blogger.  I blog whenever the mood strikes me and about whatever strikes my interest or pops into my ahead (well, almost – there is a little self-censoring).  This blog doesn’t have a specific topic, like so many others.  It is not about the news, sports, politics, sex, the media, etc.  It’s usually goofy stuff about upcoming movies, something funny or unusual I read somewhere or interesting things going on in my life.

So how do I get back to blogging about crap like the new “Fantastic Four” movie after the last two posts I published?  After writing about Patrick, it seems a little awkward to post a story about some weirdo covering himself and his hotel room with Vaseline.

So consider this post the official buffer.  I will still post about Patrick, since it’s hard to get him off my mind.  But I will go back to posting some of the other “meaningless” stuff I used to post too.

Sometimes it feels strange to go about my business while thinking about what he and his family are going through right this second.  But maybe pointless, random blogging will help me keep my spirits up.  And if my spirits are up, maybe I’ll be better at helping them keep their spirits up.

Maybe I’m rambling and over-analyzing…



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blog for yourself, first and foremost. Sometimes you need to post about serious stuff, just to get it out. Other times, it's about fun meaningless stuff-and that's cool too. People will read if they're interested...
Don't worry about being lighthearted after all the serious stuff you have going on...you can't keep yourself down too long-it's not good for you.
-Allie

Anonymous said...

Post whatever your heart tells you too. If you want some "mindless stuff" to read...check out my blog http://www.livejournal.com/users/chickfit/

Hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Post whatever your heart tells you too. If you want some "mindless stuff" to read...check out my blog http://www.livejournal.com/users/chickfit/

Hope you're feeling better!

*Randi*

Post a Comment