Friday, September 10, 2004

Thoughts on Must See TV

I agree with most ctitics around the country: "Joey" didn't suck. Actually, it wasn't that bad. And when you consider that pilots are generally crappy, I'm optimistic that this show could develop well. I'm sure NBC will give it time too, unlike "Father of the Pride," whose days seem to be numbered.

However, one note of caution: Entertainment Weekly put "Joey" on the cover of their fall TV preview issue. They have a lousy track record when it comes to picking which new show to put on the cover. Some of the ones that stand out in my memory are last year's "Miss Match" with Alicia Silverstone and Jennifer Love Hewitt's "Time of Your Life" a few years back.

As for "The Apprentice," I generally find the second installment of a reality show to be a let down. However, I did enjoy last night's installment. It take a few more weeks to get a sense of exactly who all the "characters" are beyond the two-dimensional types that stood out last night -- the goofy guy (Raj), the mental case (Stacie J.), the tough-as-nails-bitch-on-wheels (Pamela).

Speaking of last night's show -- Kris and I both thought the idea for the little football man/car thing was cool. We thought that sounded like something our boys would like.

And what was the deal with Pamela only taking two people to the final boardroom? I coudln't understand why Trump was giving her the option at first. Who in their right mind would only take two people when you could play the odds and take three? But then, she goes and takes two. Whatever.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I got a kick out of "Joey" last night. I thought it was cute. I hope the show makes it-my Thursday nights would be so strange without something to watch on NBC...it's been "must see TV" since the days of Cosby and Family Ties!
"The Apprentice" was ok. I think it will be more interesting when they narrow down the number of candidates. There were just too many people to keep track of. I didn't watch it from the start last season-I missed the first 3 or 4 episodes. I like the fact that they are doing more productive projects for big companies-that was pretty cool.
And as for Miss Ditz in the boardroom-I think she just didn't get it. At all. When she asked what the advantage would be to take 3 people instead of 2, I just shook my head. Running a business is something she should not do-taking a class in basic probability and statistics might be a better use of her time.

-Allie
www.snazzykat.com/allietude

Post a Comment