Friday, September 17, 2004

AT&T update

I guess all my complaining must have paid off.

After the operator told me it would be seven to 10 days before our phone would be working properly, I got a little upset.  I told her that no one had ever explained to me that it would have to work that way and that in fact I was told to ship back my TA, while she was now telling me that I still needed it. I told her that we have been unhappy with the entire CallVantage experience, and gave her the brief history of all of our problems.

She was sympathetic, but said there really wasn’t anything she could do.  She apologized and said she hoped they would have a better service in the future for us to try again.  I got the impression that she was well aware CallVantage was a screwed up service.

Anyway, this whole conversation took place on my cell phone as I was driving to work.  When I arrived I was still a little angry and vented on some of my co-workers.  A few more missed phone calls came into our voicemail, and then just now Kris called and told me the phone just rang at home!  She hung up and I tried calling her, and sure enough, it worked! 

So somehow seven to 10 days turned into two or three hours.  Now we can get ourselves switched back to MCI and finally be done with this whole thing.



0 comments:

Post a Comment