Wednesday, September 15, 2004

AT&T continues to suck

Do you recall my earlier rant about all the problems we were having with our AT&T CallVantage service? Well, nothing has changed.

On Aug. 31 I called AT&T and told them I wanted out of CallVantage and be switched back to regular AT&T service (so I could eventually switch back to MCI). I was told then that it would take eight to 10 days to complete the switch. Assuming that meant business days, then today was day 10 and we are still on CallVantage.

So I called AT&T this afternoon to check on the status of our request. A very nice girl named Shelly answered the phone, but complained her computer was slow and couldn't come up with the information I was seeking. She promised someone would call me back -- in two to four hours.

So five hours later, I was home from work and still hadn't heard from AT&T. So I called again. This time I had to sit on hold for about 10 minutes before an operator picked up my call. I explained the situation again and asked for the status of our switch over. The operator guy placed me on hold while he went to look up the information...

Nearly a half hour later I was still on hold! Nolan needed to go to bed and he wanted me to take him. So I handed the phone off to Kris. Eventually, an entirely new operator picked up the phone and had no idea why we were calling or even that we had already talked to someone else and been on hold all this time. After Kris lit into the woman a bit, the operator told her that the best she could do was take our message and have someone call us back tomorrow! At that point Kris basically hung up on her.

So what is the moral of this story, kids? AT&T sucks. Sucks big time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment