Wednesday, September 08, 2004

First day of school

Nolan just called me on the phone. He's home from his first day of
pre-school!

The conversation went something like this:

Chris: Hello?
Nolan: I went to school!
Chris: You did? That's great! What did you do in school today?
Nolan: I played with cars and I pretended I was a policeman!
Chris: That's great. Was your teacher nice?
Nolan: Yup.
Chris: Did you make any new friends?
Nolan: Yup.
Chris: Did you learn their names?
Nolan: (pause) I don't know.
Chris: Well, that's ok. You'll learn them later.
Nolan: Bye!

According to Kris, she learned upon dropping Nolan off this morning that day's agenda included a "field trip" to see where the potty was, reading the book "Hooray For Pre-K," learning each other's names and a craft.

I'm so proud of Nolan. Is it too soon to start looking into colleges?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hooray for Pre-K" is a great book! Trust me. :)

-Allie
www.snazzykat.com/allietude

Roon said...

Yes, it is. We actually signed it out from the library over the summer.

joevideo said...

i can't wait for jake to use the potty. diapers suck. we're up to size 4's now and i sense that size 5 is it.

Post a Comment