Friday, September 17, 2004

I HATE AT&T!!!

So we finally got a dial tone on our regular phone line yesterday.  In the afternoon, someone from AT&T called me to return one of our calls and I explained (again) why I had been calling the day before.  She thought I was calling to see if my CallVantage service was working and wanted to verify for me that it was.  I told her that, just the opposite, I’m trying to get rid of the wretched service!

I told her that I now had the dial tone I had been waiting for.  But my CallVantage line was still working too.  She said she would see to it that it would be disconnected.  I asked her if that meant all I had to do was disconnect my telephone adapter and ship it back to them and she said yes.  So that’s just what I did.  The TA went out in the mail this morning.

There is just one problem.  We haven’t been getting any of our calls.  Since disconnecting the TA, the phone never rings.  All calls just go straight to our CallVantage voicemail.  I called AT&T to complain about this, and was told that our order for our local line has not yet been completed – that it takes seven to 10 days for the switchover to be complete.  That means that without the TA – the one I was told to mail back to them – we can’t receive any calls.  For a week or more!

AAARRRRGGHHH!!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment