Friday, June 01, 2007

Plugging into 'Unplugged'

I know I just blogged the other day that the MTV Movie Awards are the only thing I watch on that channel (I'm not exactly in their key demographic anymore).

But that may change this summer. MTV's "Unplugged" franchise is returning. Apparently, someone reminded the people at MTV that the "M" stands for music.

The show will return on June 22 with Bon Jovi. Also on tap for this summer is
The Police, which should be awesome to see.

"Unplugged" was an MTV staple in my college days, with great performances from the likes of Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, Paul Simon, Elton John, 10,000 Maniacs, R.E.M. and of course Tony Bennett.

This time the show will also be shown other Viacom properties like VH1 and CMT.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There's music on MTV, you jest!

Don and Sher said...

I Loved MTV when it first came on but as I got older and the music got more weird we parted ways, but I always enjoyed Unplugged.

Post a Comment