Monday, June 11, 2007

Surfin' Safari

Ok all you Mac users. Make the case why I should download Safari.

The Mac folks made their browser available for Windows users today.

Right now I'm using IE 7 at work and Firefox at home. Although I still have to use IE when I do work from home -- and then it's IE 6, since I can't get IE 7 to install on my computer.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with Firefox. But I know the Macheads love their Safari. So is it worth my time to check it out? Is it all that different from Firefox?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Like you, for some work-related sites I'm forced to use Internet Explorer... but I do so from inside a Firefox tab. You should check out IE Tab. Not to sound like a commercial, but you can toggle between FF and IE render engines by just clicking an icon in the bottom right corner, or set some sites to always open in IE every time you visit.

Unknown said...

I followed your link to the Safari page and I'm back again for a 2nd comment. Reading their top reasons why Safari is the best browser are many things Firefox already does too, including:

#2. "lets you focus on the web — not your browser."
Just hit F11 in either IE or FF and it does the same thing.

#4. "Pop-up Blocking"
All major browsers block pop-ups now.

#5. "Search any text on any website "
FF has "search as I type" available under Options > Advanced > General.

#6. "Tabbed Browsing"
All major browsers use tabs now.

#10. Resizable Text Fields
In Firefox, just hold control and click + or - to resize text.

Sorry for commenting more than the original post. ;)

Post a Comment