Monday, February 26, 2007

NH Bound

We had a fun weekend with old friends in NH. It was Michael who introduced Chris and I to each other over 16 years ago! Mike lived on my dorm floor the year before at Plattsburgh State and then sophomore year, I moved to another floor in the building, MacDonough Hall. So I would go up to visit him and kept seeing this funny guy Chris as I would pass through the lounge. Finally we met, became friends and the rest is history. Michael's wife Sharon is his high school sweetheart and so I knew her through Mike over the college years (She went to Marymount in Tarrytown so they loved long-distantly.) and now we are wonderful friends of our own too. They lived in Georgia and then Vermont and have finally settled in New Hampshire where they have 2 children about the same ages as ours. I got to go see Mike at the flower shop where he works and the kids got to play a lot together. We even went to church together which I thought was very grown-up of us. It's so different being together now with the kids, considering how we used to get drunk together and skip classes on sunny days. But I love that our friendship has been through so much throughout these years.
This weekend was after an extremely long week of vacation with the kids. I can officially say I am sick of my children and will be very happy tomorrow when they will both be in school for a few hours and I might actually get something done! Of course, I love them dearly and the work that goes with them, but it is very hard and I am a person that needs to recharge every so often with some alone time. So I am looking forward to tomorrow and nobody better get sick! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sing it sister!!! I was quite happy to see the bus pull up this morning. Even moms need a break!!

Maggie has actually been home since last Valentine's Day with the snow days and the fact that she was home with a fever on that Friday. Yup, get on that bus!! ;)

Where in New Hampshire? I spent a weekend in Whitefield and it was BEAUTIFUL!! Can't wait to go back.

Post a Comment