Wednesday, February 21, 2007

40 days

It's Day 1 of Lent and I'm already being tested.

I've decided to give up eating extra food at work. I did this two years ago and it was hard. There is always something at work...someone will order a pizza for everyone, candy jars are on people's desks, somebody might bring in cookies and of course there is always the food from the cooking segments on the noon news. And I eat all of it!

Yesterday, in honor of Fat Tuesday, I pigged out on two slices from a pizza someone brought in.

But today is a new day. And sure enough, I walked in the door this morning only to be greeeted by the sight of bagels, cream cheese and doughnuts. Oh, the tempatation!

When I did this before I swear I lost at least five pounds. So I did the weigh-in this morning. I checked in at 170 lbs. We'll see how that stands on Easter.

I haven't been below 170 in years. I couldn't tell you how long it's been. But I'm optimistic. Besides giving up extra food at work for Lent (I'll still eat my lunch), we rejoined the YMCA yesterday and once the weather gets warm I'll start training for this year's Tour de Cure. So there's a good chance I could be in the 160s some day. Cross your fingers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,

Love the site. Is giving up food at work as hard as not eating pizza and wings from the 'Downer?

Hugs,
Al Mendenhall

ps. Your kids bowl better than you do by the way. I'm glad to see they take after Mom.....:)

Roon said...

Hey Aloisius X. Mendenhall, if someone had turned the camera on me that day you would have seen that I was on fire! That was definitely one of my better bowling outings.

Post a Comment