Monday, January 09, 2006

The Music of the Night

I’m a happy camper today. I scored a couple of tickets to “The Phantom of the Opera” at Proctor’s Theatre next month. We got pretty good seats too—only three rows back from the stage!

I’ve been dying to see this show since I was in high school. I loved the music when we sang it in the high school choir. I got a copy of the soundtrack and read everything I could about the show. I felt like I knew it backward and forward, but I never actually saw it. So this is long overdue.

Meanwhile, “Phantom” will officially become the longest running show in Broadway history when the curtain goes up tonight. That must be good timing for the Proctor’s folks with all the extra publicity around the show right before it comes to Schenectady for a month’s worth of performances.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just scored front row for the Feb 12th show!! (jumping up and down with exitement)

I'm so glad us Phantom-Heads can FINALLY get to see this show.

Time to break out my old tapes of the London production along with every magazine on its NYC premiere and my coffee table book of the show! Woo hoo!!!

Post a Comment