Friday, July 15, 2005

Harry Potter and the Impatient Fan

The latest 'Harry Potter' book is being kept under wraps in the back rooms of book stores.Remember me saying how it was driving me nuts that "Revenge of the Sith" was out in theaters and I hadn't seen it yet?

Here we go again.

I -- like about 11 million other people -- have been dying to get my hands on the next Harry Potter book ever since I finished reading "Order of the Phoenix" two years ago.

Unfortunately, I will not be among those picking up a copy this weekend. We're heading off on another vacation soon. I'd love nothing more than to bring "The Half-Blood Prince" with me, but for various reasons that's not likely to happen.

"Chamber of Secrets" and "Goblet of Fire" are the only ones we actually own. I guess if the pattern holds, while probably wind up owning this one at some point too, since it's another even-numbered book.

We usually wind up borrowing the books from someone. For the last book, Kris and I were so impatient that we eached borrowed our own copies so we could read it at the same time. Neither one of us wanted to wait for the other.

Hopefully we'll be cracking into it very soon.

2 comments:

joevideo said...

i figure i'll wait 'til they're all out. jake and sam will want to read them when they are 8 or 9. so that gives me til about 2011 to get the entire series, which i think will be done by then.

Anonymous said...

Yawn!!! Spent last night reading it. You can borrow it shortly. :)

Post a Comment