Thursday, July 14, 2005

What's the world coming to?

What kind of world are we living in when "Will & Grace" gets 15 Emmy nominations -- more than any other show!!! (except "Desperate Housewives," which also got 15). It was even nominated for Oustanding Comedy Series.

Outstanding Comedy Series? Are you kidding me?!? Has anyone watched this show recently? It may have been funny in the first few years, but it is dreadful now.

I don't know anyone who feels otherwise, and yet it still ranks as one of the top-rated comedies on TV. Either I only hang out with people who have better taste than the rest of the country, or this is a sad commentary on the current state of TV comedies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to look twice. I am in total agreement.

John C. McGinley has been SHAFTED AGAIN!!!! And I'm still bitter that he did not get even a wink in his direction for "My Screw Up", but at least Scrubs is finally getting a little of the attention it deserves.

I'm sorry - I think putting Desperate Housewives in Comedy is a bit of a stretch. It's funny in a dark way but I think it really belongs in drama.

joevideo said...

will and grace is everything that's wrong with TV. It's an old NBC show that was a "filler" program for the friends/frasier/seinfeld era... should have been cancelled long ago... it's a one-or-two-joke show ("ha! he's gay and she's his friend, and they have a wacky female friend who's a bit insane, and this other guy is REALLY gay!"). but as you said... it represents the worst of what TV has to offer. I think "Desperate" should have spawned a new catagory, "best ironic spoof of a soap."

Post a Comment