Thursday, July 28, 2005

Bye-bye Filene's

Local Filene's to close following Federated/May merger
Filene's is about to become a thing of the past. By 2006, all Filene's stores will change their name after being gobbled up by Macy's.

For Crossgates Mall, which has both stores, that means the Filene's store will close.

The Filene's in Rotterdam Square Mall will change it's name to Macy's.

The company that owned Filene's, and is merging with the company that owns Macy's, also owns Lord & Taylor -- which is also located in Crossgates. However, L&T is not changing its name.

You'll recall the current Macy's in Crossgates used to be a Jordan Marsh, before they were taken over by Macy's about 10 years ago.

UPDATE: I stand corrected. I'm told L&T had already closed at Crossgates. Shows you how often I go shopping. I don't think I ever set foot in that store anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment