Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Force is not with me...yet

It's killing me that "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" has been in theaters for a week now, and I haven't seen it yet.  Hopefully we'll make it to the theater next week.
 
In other news, Nolan watched the first (or fourth, depending on how you look at it) "Star Wars" movie last weekend for the first time.  I think he was a little bored by the first half, but was into it from the trash compactor scene on.  He said his favorite part was the space battle at the end.  However, throughout the movie he kept asking when Yoda was going to show up.
 
Just prior to watching the movie I went into the attic and got out all of my "Star Wars" action figures, complete with Darth Vader carrying case.  You'd think I'd given him a treasure chest full of gold!  Thomas thought they were cool too.
 
I'm getting the kids ready to be grown up geeks like their dad!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel your pain. I have not seen it ye but have been hooked on it since 1977. My son, is close to Thomas' age, so he really doesn't get any of it yet. Although, he has taken interest in Darth Vader from pictures in magazines.We have another on the way and we have been tempted to using Luke as name, but that probably will not pan out.

I hope that you get to see it, I should be able to catch it before it goes to video and get the whole theatre experience. After all I have seen all the other 8 Star Wars (IV, V, VI original/remastered and I and II) in the theatres. I am just glad that I have not seen nor have been told any of the "cool stuff" in the movie. I heard from a friend who shares similar tastes that III is the best of the prequels (thank goodness) but isn't as good as Empire Strikes Back (which is my favorite).

FYI: I used to comment under the alias blogger, heliocentric but have since abandoned that site.

Anonymous said...

Just find someone who has the workshop copy and view it. So what if it isn't exactly the same as the one out.

When you do see it in the theater, look for the Falcon landing at the space port. Plus I really, really, really, hated the lack of direct references to time. You have no clue as to how long it is from the begining of the movie to the end (a week, a month, a year?). Humans take 9 months from conception to birth, is it the same for these humanoids?

Marc

Anonymous said...

Really wishing that I had kept MY actions figures, my light sabre, my X-Wing Fighter and my Death Star (complete with garbage compactor). Sigh.

Also wishing that i could see this movie before it hits the DVD shelf. Not seeing that happen anytime soon. grump, grump.

But I will probably drag out my Anniversary Addition VHS set of the original trilogy. Getting a hankering for watching Luke get his POP in Return of the Jedi...my all-time most favorite scene of the trilogy.

Roon said...

That scene ranks up there for me too. It's the music that sells it.

Unfortunately, the figures are all I have left. My X-Wing fighter, Land Speeder, Death Star playset and my complete Cloud City Micro Collection are all long gone.

But proudly, I still own "Headless Luke" -- my orginal Luke Skywalker figure whose head broke off.

Anonymous said...

I still have a ton of this stuff at my parents house, including several 12" figures. However, none of them have their boxes. I do have a Lt. Natasha Yar in her box from TNG (yes it aint Star Wars)

Marc

Roon said...

I remember when you bought that while you were working at K-Mart!

Post a Comment