Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Beautiful day for biking


Enjoying the sunrise over the Mohawk River. Posted by Hello

Now this was more like it.

I've been out on my bike a few times this year, but I haven't really enjoyed myself until today.

It's been far too cold, with temperatures in the 30s that feel much colder on the bike. Not to mention the fact I was exhausted and practically falling asleep on my bike because I was staying up so late every night working on a video I made for Kris for Mother's Day.

So most days I wound up cutting the ride short...sometimes very short.

But today was much better. I was relatively well-rested and the weather was beautiful -- temps in the mid 50s and bright and sunny. I did my usual, run-of-the-mill 12-mile ride, which is actually the most I've done so far. I hope to increase that distance as I get ready for the Tour de Cure.

The picture above was taken along the Mohawk River at a place known as "Train Station Park." It's about six miles from my house. This is where I usually like to stop for a drink of water and watch the sun climb into the sky over the river. It's very peaceful and I often find myself thinking about my dad and my friend Mike while relaxing there.

I sent out most of my Tour de Cure e-mails yesterday. If you didn't get one, it's coming soon. Or please just click on the link on this page. I've got $130 so far. I'm hoping to raise $800.

0 comments:

Post a Comment