Monday, April 11, 2005

Yankees vs. Red Sox...Again!

Got the game on here at work. We're one week into the season and the Yankees are about to play the Red Sox for the fourth time! Are there no other teams in the American League?

There is no question that the Yankees-Red Sox is the greatest rivalry in sports. But I think so much of the current rivalry is overhyped by the media and driven by MLB's lousy schedule.

I've gone on record before as saying that I really hate the unbalanced schedule baseball has used for the last few years. Out of 162 games, Yankees fans will only see six games against the likes of Seattle, Kansas City, Cleveland, etc. while it seems like every other game is against Boston, Tampa Bay, Baltimore or Toronto. Yeah, I love a good Yankees-Red Sox game as much as the next fan, but come on -- I want to see some other teams too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely admit that the Rivalry is suffering from serious over-exposure...Note to Selig! Pssst! Let's try a more evenly distributed match-up for teams from now on!!!

That being said...I was THERE yesterday! It was as exciting, magical and wonderful as I thought it would be.

Great ring ceremony and a great game, from a Red Sox fan standpoint. The knuckleball was dancing and nothing gave me more pleasure than watching A-Slap play kickball at third base again.

I do have to add that Joe Torre is a class act all around. He gets my proverbial hat tip.

Roon said...

I missed the ring ceremony, but from what I heard it sounds like the Yanks handled the whole thing with class.

Suzyn Waldman was saying on the radio last night how grateful Francona was to the Yankees and all of their fans for their show of support during his recent hospitalization.

I was thinking about you guys yesterday afternoon. I e-mailed Aaron during the day to remind him you were probably watching the flag go up at that moment.

Post a Comment