Friday, April 15, 2005

Tour de Cure


Getting ready to ride.

I've officially launched my personal Tour de Cure page for 2005. Please stop by and make a donation.

The ride is on June 12 in Stillwater, N.Y. Once again I'm going to tackle the 50-mile route. I've only been out on my bike once so far this spring. Later today I'm bringing it to get tuned-up while we're on vacation next week. Then I'll dive into training!

This is my third Tour de Cure. The first year I did 25 miles. At the time, the was the longest distance I had ever ridden. But I felt great after and thought I could easily go farther. So I decided to do the 50-mile route in 2004. Well, that near killed me! So I'm determined to be better prepared this time.

Last year I raised more than $700 for the American Diabetes Association. This year I'm hoping to raise at least $800. With your help, I know I can do it. Please donate now.

I'll keep you posted on my training and fundraising progress as June 12 approaches.

0 comments:

Post a Comment