Thursday, April 07, 2005

Back in the saddle

The weather's getting warmer, and this morning I took my bike out for a spin for the first time this year. It felt great to be pushing the pedals again!

I like to get my bike tuned up at a local lbike shop in the spring. I haven't taken care of that yet. But the bike still seemed to ride great anyway. Suprisingly, I didn't have to put any air in the tires when I took it down off the garage wall last night. However, my bike computer seems to have bit the dust. I'll have to spring for a new one.

I didn't ride too far this morning -- only a few miles. I didn't want to overdo it my first day out, and it was still a little colder than I thought it would be this morning. As nice as it was to be out on the bike, it was also nice to get back home and put some coffee on while everyone else was still sleeping.

Pretty soon I'll be posting a link for you donate to my efforts to raise money for this year's Tour de Cure. I'm going to tackle the 50-mile route again, but hopefully I'll train better for it this time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment