Friday, January 14, 2005

Open mouth, insert foot

Priority check
I read this in Mark McGuire's column in today's Times Union:
Here is the bonehead quote of the week, as it appeared in the New York Post:
"For a celebrity weekly, this is our tsunami." -- Kent Brownridge, general manager of Us Weekly parent company Wenner Media, commenting on the Brad Pitt-Jennifer Aniston split. He later apologized.
Also, the bulk of the column talked about the local media blog Albany Eye, which is included in my blogroll. Some people have asked, so let me go on record: I am not Albany Eye. I barely have enough time to keep track of what's going on at one station, let alone watching all of them and reading all of the local papers! Besides, I like my job too much to put it in jeopardy by running that kind of blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment