Monday, January 24, 2005

Busy weekend

We had quite the weekend.

First there was the "Blizzard of '05," which dumped about one foot of snow at our house. I put blizzard in quotes because we were under a blizzard warning for 24 hours Saturday and Sunday, but I never personally saw any blizzard-like conditions. It's the wind more than the snow that makes a blizzard, and it never got that windy where we live (unless all the wind was overnight while we were sleeping). I've been caught outside in a blizzard before and this didn't compare.

But it was enough to keep me busy. I spent a lot of time over the weekend helping to keep the storm coverage up-to-date on WNYT.com.

Just as the clouds cleared Sunday came the news about Johnny Carson. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said by EVERYONE. The man was a legend, an institution, and David Letterman was right when he said in a statement Sunday, "We will not see the likes of him again." It seems so strange to be talking about Johnny's passing when I just blogged days earlier about how he was still passing jokes to Letterman.

And then there were the NFC and AFC championship games. I watched as much as I could of both. I had no vested interest in either of the NFC teams, but I guess I'm glad the Eagles won. I'll probably root for them in the Super Bowl. In the AFC game, as I tried to blog Firday, I was rooting for the Steelers because A) I was a Steelers fan when I was a kid (due mainly to the Mean Joe Green Coke commercial) and B) I hold the Pats guilty be association -- Boston shouldn't be allowed to have that much success in one year (although someone was work pointed out to me that their presidential candidate did lose).

0 comments:

Post a Comment