Tuesday, January 18, 2005

'FF' tailer debuts online

Fantastic Four - July 1, 2005
The first trailer for "The Fatastic Four" showed up online today. It debuted in theaters last weekend with "Elektra."

I don't know why, but I can't say the trailer lit me on fire (so to speak). Maybe I've just been jaded by all of the negative hype the movie has been generating so far.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope this movie turns out to be great. If any Marvel movie is a hit, it should be this one. After all, "The FF" is practically Marvel Comics' flagship title. It's the one that started it all. "The world's greatest comic magazine!"

But I'm just not thrilled with the cast. The only one I really like is Michael Chiklis as the Thing. Jessica Alba wouldn't have been my choice for the Invisible Woman, but I can live with it. However, the actors playing Mr. Fantastic and the Human Torch just don't look right.

Then there's Dr. Doom. He is the top dog of Marvel villains. Nobody else comes close. He is to the Marvel Universe what Darth Vader is to Star Wars. This character should be nailed just right, and instead it looks like they're completely screwing him up.

Anyway, it is just a teaser trailer. Maybe the next trailer will blow me away. One can only hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment