Sunday, January 07, 2007

New & improved

Well, I’m finished tinkering with the layout of the blog. Essentially, I’ve switched to a “fluid” format and split the sidebar into two sidebars with another area known as a “widebar” above it.

The idea was to find away to keep more of that sidebar content “above the fold,” or at least close to it.

You’ll notice the widebar space is being used as a “featured video clip” section. Once again, the idea was that often I’ll post a good clip and it will be near the top of the blog for a day or two, but then inevitably moves down the page as I post more stuff. This way, good videos can have a longer life at the top of the page.

I also threw in a trendy label cloud and picked up the feed of the comic strip “Blaugh.”

Huge thanks go out to Annie over at BlogU who helped me with numerous coding issues. I couldn’t have done it without her!

2 comments:

Sharon Pickering said...

Chris, it turned out great! I've become a fan of the widebar.

BTW, I've always loved your header!

Sharon Pickering said...

Me again. Just wanted to let you know I added bLaugh to my sidebar under +/-Funtime. It is pretty funny.

Post a Comment