Friday, January 05, 2007

Indy IV in 2008?

I’ve grown tired of commenting on the proposed fourth Indiana Jones film. For how many years has George Lucas been saying, “We’re going to begin filming soon?”

He said it again last week as he prepared to serve as grand marshal of the Rose Bowl parade. This time people seemed to take him a little more seriously and sure enough, an official news release was issued on Tuesday.

So it looks like they finally have the script everyone is happy with and that they plan to start filming in June 2007 for a May 2008 release.

I still find it very hard to get excited about this project. I think they just waited too long. I’m not sure I want to see a movie about Indiana Jones in his 60s.

My tune will probably change once filming begins (if it actually does—I’m still not convinced) and we start seeing set photos and learning more about the storyline.

But for the time being, I can’t get over how unenthused I am about a new movie featuring a character I love so much.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

If they marry him off and make him a family man... bleh. The Mummy 2 sound familiar?

In his 60s, if he was 30ish while Hitler was around that would be like the late 60s. Indiana Jones and the Palace of Tye-Dye. It better be a good script.

Post a Comment