Thursday, January 18, 2007

Colbert-O'Reilly Smackdown

Tonight's the big night, Colbert Nation. It should be great viewing as Stephen Colbert and his "mentor," Bill O'Reilly, will trade appearances on eac other's shows.

Colbert will appear (in character) on "The O'Reilly Factor" at 8 p.m. and the Fox blowhard will sit down on "The Colbert Report" at 11:30 p.m.

O'Reilly told The Daily News that he thinks the interviews will be fun and a win-win for both shows, pointing out that a lot of people who normally would never watch Fox News Channel might tune in.

He also said he doesn't mind Colbert using him for inspiration.
"I think it's fine," O'Reilly said. "I'm a prominent person in the media. I think satire is very, very entertaining for any society to have. I have never had a problem with it as long as it's not mean-spirited, and I don't think he is."

Let the truthiness ring!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why oh why did it have to be on Thursday??

Between that and My Name is Earl, The Office, Scrubs, Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy, my TiVo is plenty busy already.

Grrrr. I'll be channel-flipping tonight!

Post a Comment