Thursday, September 15, 2005

Sick of being sick

I stayed home sick from work yesterday. I hate taking sick days for two reasons:
A.) It throws me off at work.
B.) I feel guilty, since Kris doesn’t exactly get to call in sick at her job. Granted, if she’s really under the weather I’ll call in sick and stay home to take care of the kids, but it’s very rare when that happens. For the most part, she’s a good soldier and she toughs it out. So I feel like a loser when I spend the day flopped on the couch.

Which is essentially what I did yesterday. When not watching CNN or MSNBC, I watched the DVD of the “Who Shot Mr. Burns” episode of “The Simpsons” twice – once by itself and then again with the commentary and deleted scenes – an episode of “Star Trek: The Next Generation” on Spike TV and the final episode of “Star Trek: Voyager” on DVD (the ending is still disappointing).

And of course, not a day goes by in our house it seems without seeing at least part of a “Dukes of Hazzard” episode. I watched part of an episode with Nolan from his Season 2 set after he got home from school and then we watched another show on CMT before bedtime.

I was a little productive. Last night I hung some baskets on the wall near the front door that Kris bought, which will essentially server as “in” and “out” boxes for each of us, and I folded some laundry. So at least I accomplished something.

I woke up thinking I felt better and went to work. But now that I’m here I feel lousy. For some reason when I get a cold, it always comes with a back ache.

But enough whining from me. Back to work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment