Thursday, July 29, 2004

A-Rod, Varitek to sit 4 games

Eight players disciplined for roles in melee
So A-Rod and Jason Varitek both get the same suspension for their roles in the Big Boston Brawl on Saturday. Four games each.

Does this make since to anyone besides Boston fans? Watch the tape! Varitek clearly started it. It just a shouting match until he fired the first shot.

Let me get this straight -- a guy with a catcher's mask on shoves A-Rod in the face, and he's not allowed to fight back? I'm not saying A-Rod doesn't deserve some kind of punishment, but clearly Varitek deserves a harsher punishment than the guy he went after.

Don't worry...I'm sure A-Rod will appeal and I'll be shocked if he doesn't get a day or two shaved off his suspension.

Meanwhile, Sturtze Kapler and Nixon all got three games. I have no problem with that -- they all equally faught dirty. Although I'm surprised Ortiz got away with only a fine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment