Tuesday, July 27, 2004

The 'real' Thing

Chiklis Suits Up For Four
Good news fellow comic book geeks. Michael Chiklis, who will play Ben Grimm (aka the Thing) in the upcoming "Fantastic Four" movie, says the ever-lovin' blue eyed Thing will NOT be a CGI character.

"If he was going to be done in the way that the Hulk was done, then I felt that I would be wasted. And I was assured from the get-go that that wasn’t going to be the case. And I was thrilled," the actor said at Comic-Con International in San Diego.

Personally, I didn't mind the CGI Hulk that much, although I know I'm in the minority there. I don't know if the Hulk could have been done any other way. However, if you can do something well without resorting the CGI, then all the better.

It seems like ever since Jar Jar Binks walked on the screen, there has been a backlash against unnecessary CGI.

Thanks Paul DeGeorgio

0 comments:

Post a Comment