Saturday, July 01, 2006

'Lifeforms detected...'

“That’s not Cybermen.”
“Oh my God.”


Holy crap! I just got done watching “Army of Ghosts,” part one of the two-part “Doctor Who” season finale. I can honestly tell you the cliffhanger ending brought me to the edge of my seat.

I’ve been a “Doctor Who” fan for more than 25 years. The show has been around more than 40 years. In all that time, this is the episode “Doctor Who” fans have been dreaming of!

The Doctor and Rose return to Earth only to discover that for the past two months what appear to be ghosts have been popping up all over the world. People aren’t freaked out by this. For the most part, their happy to reconnect to lost loved ones.

But is that what these specters really are? The Doctor is not so sure, and his search for answers leads him to the Torchwood Institute. There he learns the ghosts started appearing soon after a mysterious sphere arrived.

Some answers are uncovered when the deadly Cybermen show up. However, the question remains—what’s inside that sphere? The answer will delight “Who” fans everywhere.

I think I’m going to really enjoy next week’s finale, “Doomsday.” If you’re a “Who” fan, don’t wait for this one on the Sci Fi Channel. You’re going to want to BitTorrent this one ASAP (although it would kind of help to catch the earlier two-parter “Rise of the Cybermen”/“The Age of Steel”)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment