Tuesday, June 20, 2006

No more teachers, no more books...

Actually, we hope to continue reading quite a bit over the summer. But we now have a first grader and a preschooler. Yesterday was a tear jerker. Nolan's End of the Year Show really illustrated how much he has grown over the past year. Academically, he can now read, add and subtract. He isn't afraid to talk to grown-ups or perform in public. And he is proud of himself which is great. They sang 6 songs in the show, said what they wanted to be when they grow up (He wants to be a baseball player.) and had a slide show. The slide show was especially moving because one of his classmates' mother died last week after a year battle of lymphoma. It's heartbreaking she couldn't be there to see it.
But personally, I really liked that the slide show reviewed everything they did over the past year that I knew a lot about. I absolutely love being a stay-at-home mom. And I think it gets even busier when they get to school. So although it will be a transition with Thomas in preschool next year and Nolan in school all day, there's no doubt in my mind that home is where I should be. As long as we can continue living a frugal lifestyle, my days are swamped with caring for this home and family we are blessed to have and I am grateful for it. Here comes summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment