Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Pleased ‘Potter’ fan

I finished reading “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” last night (early this morning actually), and all I can say is: wow! J.K. Rowling has knocked another one out of the park!

I wish I could discuss the book openly here, but I know there may be some of you here who haven’t read it yet. And the things I’d most want to talk about are the things that should be most unspoiled!

Suffice it to say, I had my suspicions about the identity of the Half-Blood Prince. I was wrong. I had my suspicions about the identity of the rumored character to be killed off. I was wrong. I thought I knew where one character’s loyalties laid. I was wrong.

Rowling kept me guessing to the end. After reading “Order of the Phoenix,” I wondered what Book 6 would be like, since Book 7 is the one everyone is really waiting for – the one where everything is wrapped up once and for all. But this book was better than I could have hoped for and left me with no idea what to expect in the next (and final) installment.

I just hope the wait won’t be too long.

Meanwhile, after a week’s worth of late-night reading, tonight I hope to get a good night’s sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment