Monday, August 01, 2005

Palmeiro Caught on Juice

I'm such a sucker. Before those steroid hearings last spring, I didn't doubt that Rafael Palmeiro used steroids. But then I allowed myself to be persuaded by him when he went before Congress. He seemed so genuine. I wanted to believe him. I did believe him. Then this comes out...

Orioles' Palmeiro suspended 10 days for violating steroids policy
By RONALD BLUM AP Sports Writer


NEW YORK (AP) - Rafael Palmeiro was suspended Monday for violating Major League Baseball's steroids policy, nearly five months after telling Congress that "I have never used steroids. Period."

Palmeiro two weeks ago collected his 3,000th hit, joining Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and Eddie Murray as the only players with 3,000 hits and 500 homers.

Palmeiro, 40, is the seventh and highest-profile player to test positive under the major league policy adopted earlier this year.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment