Wednesday, March 09, 2005

'Revenge of the Sith' poster revealed

This has been a big week for scifi-fantasy related artwork being revealed. First there was the debut of the cover to new Harry Potter novel and now... the final poster for "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith."


Posted by Hello

The poster was painted by Drew Struzan, who I have been a fan of for years. Back when I worked at the Mohawk Mall movie theater in high school and college, Struzan's posters were always my favorites. I snatched up as many of them as I could, including all three "Back to the Future" posters and "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade." Struzan painted the posters for the other Star Wars prequel films as well as the Special Edition releases in 1997.

It's always bothered me that Lucasfilm hasn't stuck with Struzan's posters for the covers of the DVD versions of the films.

UPDATE: As of 10:30 p.m. there appears to be some sort of problem with starwars.com, where I was linking to the poster image from (as well as many other people). So I found another copy of it on another site, and just to be safe I saved it and uploaded my own copy to Hello, Blogger's image hosting service. So it shouldn't be going anywhere now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment