Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Home Improvement, Part 7

No pictures this time. Nothing to take pictures of. The carpet on the stairs was not completed today.

The installer was supposed to be at our house at 8:30 a.m. today. But the weather was pretty rough in our neck of the woods, with icy roads, snow and wind. He was coming from Clifton Park and couldn't make the trip.

The problem is, he doesn't have my phone number and I don't have his. We do all of our dealing through the Carpet King. So he called the King and left him message at his store. Of course, the store doesn't open until 10 a.m.

After the guy was more than an hour late -- again -- I called the King to find out what was going on. He soon called me back after getting the message.

Now we're set up for the installer to come tomorrow morning. Except the King was supposed to call me today to let me know exactly what time -- and he never did. So I'm assuming the installer is coming tomorrow. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it may be time to pull out the "Do you know who I work for?" card.

This whole thing sounded shady from the get-go. >:(

Roon said...

Actually, the installer and his sidekick came this morning around 9:30 and finished the stairs. I'm told the job has been completed. So I'll check it out tonight and post a picture.

I should say that the installers did turn out to be decent guys in the end.

As for the giant piece of excess carpet, the boss installer told us today ther would be enough of it to carpet our stairs upstairs as well as part of the foyer. So I guess we're set up for that on Friday.

Post a Comment