Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sorry I’ve been so out of touch lately. Various factors have kept me away.

First, Kris’ grandmother passed away last week. Ironically, we were already planning to go visit her family last weekend. However, that trip was moved up a few days. Then when I came back to work this week I had plenty of catch-up to play to make up for being absent two days last week.

Then I’ve hardly touched the computer at home because I’ve been so wrapped up in Michael Crichton’s latest novel, “State of Fear.”

Some highlights that past during my absence:

  • If you haven’t checked out the new trailer for “Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith,” then by all means, what are you waiting for? This movie looks like it’s going to kick serious ass.

  • Congratulations to the cast and crew of Niskayuna High School's production of "Les Miserables." My boss' son, Jesse Conti, brought the house down with his performance as Jean Valjean. I attended one of the shows to help my boss videotape the production. We had a four-camera shoot, which he then edits together on his system at home. He just gave me my copy of the DVD on Monday (it comes complete with bonus material) and it looks great. We never had anything like that in my day (I played Mr. Sowerberry, the funeral director, in the 1990 production of "Oliver!").

  • Tuesday night I attended a Plattsburgh State Alumni Admissions Reception in Albany. I joined Pete Ensel (head of the communications department), various college bigwigs, some current Plattsburgh students and numerous local alumni. We all hob knobbed with high school kids and their parents and did our best to convince them to go to Plattsburgh. It was kind of fun. Look for the group photo of all of the alumni in an upcoming issue of Plattsburgh Magazine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment