For the last month or so my computer has been acting pretty screwy. Here are some of the symptoms:
- Windows Media Player won’t launch.
- IE seems to think Java is not enabled even thought I know it is. As a result, some sites won’t run properly.
- System Restore won’t launch.
- The search feature opens to a blank window. The little dog is wagging his tail, but there is no option to enter a search term.
- The User Account Manager opens to a blank window.
There may be other problems I haven’t discovered yet. These problems also exist when I startup in Safe Mode.
I have Norton 2008 and Spybot, but neither of them have helped.
I’ve been searching the Internet for a solution to put everything back to normal, but with no luck. I fear that at some point I’m probably going to have to re-install Windows XP.
So…anyone out there have any idea what’s wrong with my computer and, more importantly, how to fix it?