Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Things that have nothing to do with Indiana Jones

One of my loyal readers has commented that there has been too much geekery here on the blog and not enough family photos.

So here’s a picture of the boys from today’s trip to the New York State Museum. We’ve been to this museum a gazillion time and know it like the back of our hand. But the kids love it. It is a very cool place.

We’re halfway through vacation week and so far no one has killed anyone else. Besides the museum trip today, Kris and the kids have found some more letterboxes. It’s been one year since we started this hobby and so far the kids have found 53 letterboxes!

In other news, I did something I’ve never done before last weekend. I donated blood for the first time.

Growing up, I had something of an irrational fear of needles. Never in a million years would I have entertained the idea of voluntarily having a needle stuck in my arm and blood drained out of me. EEeww!!!

As I got older, I became much less squeamish when it came time to get blood drawn at a doctor’s appointment. Then last year Kris started donating and I realized I had no good reason not to – especially after watching the medical ordeals that our friend Mike Ford and my nephew Patrick went through.

It was easy and felt good to do. Hopefully, it won’t be the last time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL at the title of this post. Also congrats to the family on racking up 53 LB finds. We've been stuck on 10 finds for months due to time constraints, although we do have a hitchhiker we really need to get rid of.

Unknown said...

Well, the kids look like they are doing some Archeology or something... subconsciously, it's about Indiana Jones.

Congrats on donating! Everybody should, if they can. The rules get more and more strict on who can donate, but people still need the blood.

Post a Comment